Bio = Life/living
Oxidation = The chemical process whereby electrons are lost from the original molecule thereby reducing the overall energy and function of the molecule.
Oxidation involves the binding of unstable, or free radical oxygen molecules to another molecule, for example iron, thereby damaging or weakening that molecule (i.e. rust, in the case of iron) forming iron oxide (FeO2).
Bio-Oxidative Therapy is a treatment whereby integrative medical physicians use oxygen molecules in an unstable form to kill pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi, or to detoxify (neutralise or destroy) toxins and poisons.
The best examples of bio-oxidative therapy in clinical use are ozone and hydrogen peroxide therapies.
Oxygen based therapies and equipment:
- Ozone Sauna
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber (HBOT)
- Ozone Rectal Insufflation
- Ozone Water Oxygenator
- Oxygen Bottles and Masks
- Ozone Bagging
- Hydrogen Peroxide
Oxygen-based therapies treat the following conditions:
- Hypoxic (low oxygen) conditions – Circulation and Heart disorders
- Burn wounds and Diabetic ulcers
- Chronic Diseases
- Sports Injuries (sprains and fractures)
- Head injuries and Autism/Cerebral Palsy
- Weak Immune System
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Decompression illness (the “bends”)
- Anti-aging and Disease prevention
- Sports performance enhancement
Benefits of Oxygen Based Therapies
- Oxygenation of cells, blood and brain
- Immune System enhancement
- Destruction of pathogens (germs)
- Improved circulation
- Accelerated repair of cells and tissues
- Improved brain functioning
- Accelerated healing of injuries (skin, muscles and bones)
- Improved physical and mental strength as well as endurance